MEJEKAWI by Ku De Ta
Ku De Ta earned bragging rights as being Bali’s first and most famous beach club as one of the best spot to watch the sunset. It's World famous for its gorgeous beachfront setting, fine cuisine and of course, unique parties. Besides, it is one of the best fine dinning restaurant in Seminyak Now, with MEJEKAWI, they offer up another uniquely satisfying experience.
MEJEKAWI is located on the top floor of Ku De Ta's south-eastern wing setting to become a distinct part of the venue with privileged views to the ocean, where three top chefs, Benjamin Cross, Stephen Moore, join forces to present an innovative cuisine. It is a new tasting kitchen and laboratory concept, showcasing the most exquisite local produce of Bali.
Mejekawi, from the local words "meja" and "kiwi" means "table" and "high" respectively. It boasts a brilliant indonesian-inspired menu. The cuisine is refined and sophisticated. Everything is cooked to perfection and everything is made in-house from scratch.
There are two set menus to choose from: the five-course, or, the full tasting menu. We went all the way with the full tasting menu paired with drinks. Champagne and sake, red wine and white wine among others, crafted specifically to enhance the flavour profile of each dish. We tasted the new menu and since the beginning, our mouth was watering but then came the desserts and the BALI KOPI! Wow! my mouth still watering!!!
Not only the food and the views are amazing. The service is just out of this world! We had such an amazing time at Mejekawi while enjoying an exquisite dinner! Thank you very much to Harum, Rai, Alit, Tude and Agnest for the outstanding service.
Full tastin menu:
- Snapper ceviche. Kombucha, chive oil, belimbing wuluh.
- Raw Tuna. Saj bread, gentleman's relish, sumac, radish.
- Octopus & chorizo. Sweet corn crepe, corn butter, broth, smoked shimeji.
- Black cod cooked over coals roasted chili paste, jicama, apple & lime.
- 48hr organic grass fed short rib. Burnt eggplant & miso puree, szechuan pickled daikon, fermented mushroom butter.
- Smoked earl grey tea gelato.
- Bali Kopi. Coconut and coffee ice cream, toasted milk solids, coffee cloud, gula kelapa.
- Low sugar macaron.